Welcome to Essex In The Media!

Zoë Nicholson. 19. Chelmsford, Essex.

Former BBC Production Coordinator Apprentice and now working full-time as a Production Coordinator, still at the BBC. And loving it.

A blog that started off as a destination for updates on local Essex celebrities, news and events has evolved in the years I've been writing.

It soon became a hub for features on TV, Radio, Music, Festivals and tales of life as a Sixth Form student.

As I started my career in the BBC, my blog became a diary, logging the steps of my apprenticeship and the experiences I gained along the way.

And now as I continue my career in the media, I hope to combine all of these things together, continuing my career diary and combining this with articles based around my love of music, radio and television.

So there you have it - Essex In The Media.

Please feel free to leave comments or contact me on Twitter @zozonico

Monday 13 December 2010

X Factor Final Weekend!

Matt Cardle has been crowned the winner of the X Factor 2010!

After reaching the final on Saturday, despite being ill for a fortnight, Matt sung his heart out to reach Sunday's show. His steamy performance with Rihanna amazed the nation as all of Essex watched on to see Matt's dream of performing with Rihanna come true!

Alongside One Direction and Rebecca Ferguson, Matt joined the Take That boys with a performance of Never Forget. As the phone lines were frozen, everybody in Essex sat on the edge of their seats willing Matt to reach the final two. One Direction were surpringly knocked out with Matt and Rebecca going on to sing their winner's singles.

Matt then went on to absolutely smash 'When We Collide', previously performed by Scottish rockers, 'Biffy Clyro'. There was then no surprise that our Essex boy Matt Cardle was announced as the winner of the hit show!

It has now been revealed that Matt had the highest number of votes EVERY week throughout the series, with one exception of Week One where Matt came second behind Ireland's Mary Byrne. In the final of the series, Matt had 44.61% of the vote and was the deserved winner of the X Factor!

Congrats Matt!

No comments: