Welcome to Essex In The Media!

Zoë Nicholson. 19. Chelmsford, Essex.

Former BBC Production Coordinator Apprentice and now working full-time as a Production Coordinator, still at the BBC. And loving it.

A blog that started off as a destination for updates on local Essex celebrities, news and events has evolved in the years I've been writing.

It soon became a hub for features on TV, Radio, Music, Festivals and tales of life as a Sixth Form student.

As I started my career in the BBC, my blog became a diary, logging the steps of my apprenticeship and the experiences I gained along the way.

And now as I continue my career in the media, I hope to combine all of these things together, continuing my career diary and combining this with articles based around my love of music, radio and television.

So there you have it - Essex In The Media.

Please feel free to leave comments or contact me on Twitter @zozonico

Friday 17 December 2010

Essex star is the Critics Choice!

Jessie J is a local singer and songwriter and has been gradually rising to stardom! This week, the fantastic singer, whose fullname is Jessica Cornish, was awarded the Critics Choice awards at the 2011 Brit Awards.

This prize has previously been awarded to artists such as Adele and Ellie Goulding, who have both been tremendously successful after receiving the accolade. The award is given to rising artists who are tipped to have great success within the following year and into the future, so it is a great honour for Jessie J to receive the prize.

Having worked with B.O.B, Christina Aguilera and Chris Brown, this Essex girl is used to the music world and has plenty of contacts to help her to succeed within the industry. She has also worked with Justin Timberlake and he has even said that he feels she is "the best singer in the world right now".

This isn't the first success that Jessie J has had - she also wrote hit single 'Party In The USA' for American teen star Miley Cyrus. This shows that Jessie J has the writing talent to create even more hits in the future!

And awards do not end here for Jessie J! She has been nominated on the Long-List for the BBC's Sound of 2011, whereby music experts at the BBC handpick a selection of inspiring artists who have a lot of talent and a unique sound to succeed in the upcoming year. As well as this, I'm sure that this Essex girl will go on to be a star in the future, and will receive many more awards to add to her collection!

No comments: