Welcome to Essex In The Media!

Zoë Nicholson. 19. Chelmsford, Essex.

Former BBC Production Coordinator Apprentice and now working full-time as a Production Coordinator, still at the BBC. And loving it.

A blog that started off as a destination for updates on local Essex celebrities, news and events has evolved in the years I've been writing.

It soon became a hub for features on TV, Radio, Music, Festivals and tales of life as a Sixth Form student.

As I started my career in the BBC, my blog became a diary, logging the steps of my apprenticeship and the experiences I gained along the way.

And now as I continue my career in the media, I hope to combine all of these things together, continuing my career diary and combining this with articles based around my love of music, radio and television.

So there you have it - Essex In The Media.

Please feel free to leave comments or contact me on Twitter @zozonico

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

After watching the news for days and seeing the snow in other parts of the country, it was time that Essex had some snow of its own! However, we never expected the snow to be to this extent!

The county woke up to a blanket of snow this morning causing much disruption to schools and roads. On higher ground, the snow was several inches deep and many people were snowed in, or in some cases snowed out.

Over 100 schools were closed before 9am this morning, with more schools closing as the day went on. Moulsham High School opened as normal this morning but due to the snow, the grounds became unsafe and insufficient numbers of staff were able to reach the school. Students were then dismissed and were free to enjoy the snow with friends.

Local councils and emergency services in the county have done as much work as possible all day to clear major routes and pavements to make Essex accessible and safe for the public.

Councils also warned any commuters travelling by car to allow ten times their usual journey time to reach their destination. This was due to the icy conditions on the roads, as well as accidents on the motorway causing chaos.

Whilst some schools have already told students that they will be closed tomorrow, other students still wait to hear whether they will have to wake up and fight the cold and snow in the morning.

Fingers crossed for all students in Essex hoping for a day off tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm definitely hoping there's no school tomorrow, it takes forever to get out of my road only to find there's only a half day of school!! You're so right that we've all got our fingers crossed :-)