Welcome to Essex In The Media!

Zoë Nicholson. 19. Chelmsford, Essex.

Former BBC Production Coordinator Apprentice and now working full-time as a Production Coordinator, still at the BBC. And loving it.

A blog that started off as a destination for updates on local Essex celebrities, news and events has evolved in the years I've been writing.

It soon became a hub for features on TV, Radio, Music, Festivals and tales of life as a Sixth Form student.

As I started my career in the BBC, my blog became a diary, logging the steps of my apprenticeship and the experiences I gained along the way.

And now as I continue my career in the media, I hope to combine all of these things together, continuing my career diary and combining this with articles based around my love of music, radio and television.

So there you have it - Essex In The Media.

Please feel free to leave comments or contact me on Twitter @zozonico

Tuesday 31 January 2012

V Festival Line-Up...

Apologies for any excitement that this may have caused if you thought that the full line-up would be given here! However, what Essex In The Media can tell you is that the official announcement will be made on Thursday 23rd February at 10pm.

Many rumours have been circulating across the web, with some websites suggesting Coldplay and Muse as possible headliners. Other artists mentioned to potentially appear in the line up include Stone Roses, Florence & The Machine and Professor Green.

In the past, the V Festival website has often given a glimpse into some of the artists performing through the advertisements that appear in the header and footer of their page. In recent years especially last year, I've seen Arctic Monkeys, Dizzee Rascal and Chase & Status appear in these adverts - all three performed at the festival.

If this pattern were to follow, we could be in with a real treat at the festival that runs for two days at Hylands Park in Chelmsford and Weston Park in Staffordshire. Advertisements this year have included the rumoured Coldplay, as well as Snow Patrol, Swedish House Mafia, Example, Maverick Sabre and Rebecca Ferguson.

Could this potentially mean that Snow Patrol and Coldplay will be our headliners on the V Stage on August 18th and 19th? We'll have to wait to February 23rd to find out!

Tickets will go on sale on 3rd March. For those who are on the Virgin Media phone network, you can register for Early-Bird tickets from the 6th February until the 19th, with tickets being sold on the 27th.

No comments: