Welcome to Essex In The Media!

Zoë Nicholson. 19. Chelmsford, Essex.

Former BBC Production Coordinator Apprentice and now working full-time as a Production Coordinator, still at the BBC. And loving it.

A blog that started off as a destination for updates on local Essex celebrities, news and events has evolved in the years I've been writing.

It soon became a hub for features on TV, Radio, Music, Festivals and tales of life as a Sixth Form student.

As I started my career in the BBC, my blog became a diary, logging the steps of my apprenticeship and the experiences I gained along the way.

And now as I continue my career in the media, I hope to combine all of these things together, continuing my career diary and combining this with articles based around my love of music, radio and television.

So there you have it - Essex In The Media.

Please feel free to leave comments or contact me on Twitter @zozonico

Monday 10 January 2011

Essex Star Is A Hit for 2011

Essex girl, Jessie J, has been awarded with the prestigious BBC Sound of 2011. The BBC and Radio 1 are always looking out for the most promising new artists and the Sound of 2011 helps to find these artists for the upcoming year.

Jessica Cornish, who has already been awarded with the Critic's Choice Award at the upcoming Brit Awards, topped the list, with James Blake and The Vaccines taking second and third place. The list is chosen by experts in current and new music, with occupations that stretch from magazine editors to music critics, as well as radio presenters and respected bloggers.

In previous years, the 'BBC Sound of...' has been awarded to Ellie Goulding, Adele, Mika and Keane.

Having received this accolade, as well as the Critics Choice Award, there is no doubt that this Essex girl will have a successful 2011. Her album 'Who You Are' is sure to be one of 2011's biggest successes when it is released later in the year in June.

Watch this space for more Jessie J news - she is set to be one of biggest acts of the year!

No comments: