Welcome to Essex In The Media!

Zoë Nicholson. 19. Chelmsford, Essex.

Former BBC Production Coordinator Apprentice and now working full-time as a Production Coordinator, still at the BBC. And loving it.

A blog that started off as a destination for updates on local Essex celebrities, news and events has evolved in the years I've been writing.

It soon became a hub for features on TV, Radio, Music, Festivals and tales of life as a Sixth Form student.

As I started my career in the BBC, my blog became a diary, logging the steps of my apprenticeship and the experiences I gained along the way.

And now as I continue my career in the media, I hope to combine all of these things together, continuing my career diary and combining this with articles based around my love of music, radio and television.

So there you have it - Essex In The Media.

Please feel free to leave comments or contact me on Twitter @zozonico

Saturday 2 June 2012

Fundraising triumph for the Amy Winehouse Foundation

A fundraising event at Stock Brook Manor helped to raise over £20,000 for the Amy Winehouse Foundation, with help from Grants SEAT.

Foundation logo

Organised by Amy’s father Mitch, the Golf Day on May 24th was the first event to be organised by the foundation since Amy’s death at the age of 27 last July.

Mitch and daughter Amy Winehouse before her tragic death in 2011
The car dealership in Braintree sponsored a series of prizes for the golfers, including a SEAT Leon worth £15,000 as a prize for a hole-in-one.

Managing director Darren Williams and his wife Katie, communications manager, were invited to the following gala dinner and charity auction. The star-studded event included guests Ray Winstone, Katie Price and new charity patron, Barbara Windsor.

Speaking after the event, Katie Williams said: “It was an enormous privilege to play a part in helping to make the Amy Winehouse Foundation’s first fundraising event a huge success.”

“It was clear from the numbers of people who attended and the generosity they showed on the night that Amy’s legacy lives on.” 

Darren & Katie Williams from Grants SEAT dealership

No comments: