Welcome to Essex In The Media!

Zoë Nicholson. 19. Chelmsford, Essex.

Former BBC Production Coordinator Apprentice and now working full-time as a Production Coordinator, still at the BBC. And loving it.

A blog that started off as a destination for updates on local Essex celebrities, news and events has evolved in the years I've been writing.

It soon became a hub for features on TV, Radio, Music, Festivals and tales of life as a Sixth Form student.

As I started my career in the BBC, my blog became a diary, logging the steps of my apprenticeship and the experiences I gained along the way.

And now as I continue my career in the media, I hope to combine all of these things together, continuing my career diary and combining this with articles based around my love of music, radio and television.

So there you have it - Essex In The Media.

Please feel free to leave comments or contact me on Twitter @zozonico

Tuesday 6 September 2011

A Lott of #1's for Pixie

Essex girl, Pixie Lott, is on her way to her third UK #1 Single with 'All About Tonight'.

Following the success from her debut album, 'Turn It Up', 'All About Tonight' will be the first single from her second album, still untitled, which is due to be a success in the months leading to Christmas. This album is due for release on November 7th.

Having studied at Brentwood High School after moving to the region when she was 13, Pixie is one of the biggest stars to have come out of Essex over recent years. Music mogul, Simon Cowell, must agree having chosen her to be a guest on his new hit TV show 'Red or Black?'. On Sunday night, Pixie performed the new single and then had to choose from a selection of '4 Pixies', each of whom were wearing a locket containing either red or black butterflies, therefore determining the fate of 4 hopeful millionaires.

All the best of luck to Pixie for this Sunday, when Reggie Yates will announced the Official Chart on Radio 1 from 4pm.

No comments: